I became an attorney to help people solve difficult problems. Never in my wildest dreams could I have predicted what that really meant.
- Purchase and Sale of Business Interests
- Business Formation, Choice of Entity, and Dissolution
- Employment, Non-Competition, and Executive Agreements
- Buy/Sell Agreements and Succession Planning
- Probate/Estate and Trust Administration
- Wills and Trusts
- Powers of Attorney and Advanced Directives
- Pre and Post Nuptial Agreements
- Estate Tax and Kentucky Inheritance Tax Planning
- Tax Preparation
- Tax Planning
- Tax Collection
- Tax Litigation and Controversy
- General Business Consulting
Planning for the future. Assisted numerous clients in trying to achieve their estate planning goals, whether it is a trust for their children or a complicated plan in an attempt to minimize Federal Estate Taxes or Kentucky Inheritance taxes.
Planning ahead for business. Helped clients save thousands of dollars by planning ahead and recommending like-kind exchanges, purchase price allocations, cost segregation studies, and other tax-saving techniques.
Holistic financial assistance. Assisted clients for many years in the preparation of their income tax returns both individually and for their businesses. This allows us to better advise them in their business and estate transactions because I have first-hand knowledge of their personal or business financial situation.
JD, University of Kentucky, 1986
BA, Accounting, Transylvania University, 1982, Cum Laude
Admitted to Practice
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
Former Adjunct Professor, Transylvania University
Former Adjunct Professor, Asbury College
Kentucky Bar Association
Fayette County Bar Association
Certified Public Accountant since 1990
Adjunct Professor in Income Taxation at Asbury College, 1990
Adjunct Professor in Principles of Accounting, Business Law, Income Taxation at Transylvania University, 1991-2008
Member, Kentucky Society of CPAs
Finance Council President, Cathedral of Christ the King, 2013-Present