Kinkead & Stilz is looking for a highly motivated litigation Associate with 3-5 years of experience to join our Governmental Liability and Civil Rights Defense Team. As an Associate you will have the opportunity to grow and excel in new and challenging litigation assignments and projects. You will also benefit from mentorship by respected and experienced practitioners in the practice area.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Drafting pleadings
- Developing and implementing proactive plans of action
- Managing practice area reporting deadlines
- Working with clients for case development and discovery purposes
- Preparing and reviewing discovery pleadings and materials
- Researching complex civil rights and governmental liability issues
- Drafting and arguing a wide variety of litigation motions, including motions for summary judgment
- JD and current admission to Kentucky Bar
- Current admission to United States District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- 3 to 5 years insurance defense and/or civil rights litigation experience
- Strong written and oral communication and advocacy skills
- Capable of handling multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- PACER, CM/ECF and CourtNet Filing proficiency
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Fully paid health insurance
- 401(k) with Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid vacation and PTO
If you think you are a good fit and would like to pursue an exciting career with Kinkead & Stilz, please submit your resume to Barry Stilz at email@example.com.
About Kinkead & Stilz:
Founded in 1997, Kinkead & Stilz, PLLC is a law firm dedicated to providing the highest level of professional service to its clients. The firm understands the needs of its clients and takes a unique approach to meeting each clients’ objectives on an individual level. Kinkead & Stilz represents a diverse client base through business transactions, litigation matters, estate planning, natural resources, real estate and tax preparation and planning. A unique characteristic of Kinkead & Stilz, PLLC is our tax practice. The tax division prepares approximately 500 tax returns each year primarily focusing on small businesses, individuals, trusts, and estates. Our unique position within a law firm allows us to identify tax issues during business transactions and estate planning. At Kinkead & Stilz, PLLC we have an open-door policy and invite questions and discussions between associates, managers, and members. Collaborating and working together helps each member of the firm grow in their knowledge and career.
Proven Expertise, Practical Experience.
Litigation Associate Position
c/o Barry Stilz
Kinkead & Stilz, PLLC
301 East Main St., Suite 800
Lexington, Kentucky 40507